Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Twinkle Toes - Ouch!

Pass me the Bad Mom Award, please!

I take J to classes every Wednesday. On the way there, C asked to take her shoes off. I told her to wait until we returned home after J's classes were finished.

When we arrived at classes, she again asked if she could take her shoes off. I reminded her that we don't take off our shoes anywhere but at home or outside.

Finally, after about an hour, she said, "Momma, if a girl's feet have sparklies going around and around and around them, don't you think she should be allowed to take off her shoes?"

Then it all hit me in a flash - all the typical "C has suddenly outgrown her shoes" symptoms - severe in-toe-ing, dragging the tops of her shoes along as she walks, walking on her toes. I've been seeing all these symptoms for about a week now (along with frequent requests to remove the shoes) and have ignored them!

I told her to go ahead and take them off, and she was quite upset that the "sparklies" didn't go away, so I had her flex and stretch her toes until she felt better.

Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment