Thursday, February 28, 2013

Improvement!!

Not humorous, but a look at how we try to work things here:
C: Hey! You put away my tea set!! I TOLD YOU NOT TO!
Me: That's not how you should talk. Try this instead: 'When you put my tea set away, you made me angry.'
C: (Repeats)
Me: Why did you do that?
C: (Repeats)
Me: Well, it was out for two days and I was afraid some of the pieces would get lost. That would be sad. I put it away so we could find all the pieces later.
C: Well, LET ME TAKE IT OUT NOW!
Me: No, not like that. Try this: 'Momma, can I take it out again?'
C: (Repeats in angry tone)
Me: Let's try that again.
C: (Repeats in more friendly tone)
Me: Sure! Let's go get it now!
Three minutes later:
C: Momma, I need to get some things from your room.
Me: Well, I'm about to exercise so you'll need to play on my bed.
C: NO!!! I DON'T WANT TO...wait...Momma, I'd rather not. Can I please stay downstairs and play puzzles with Jimmy instead?
Me: (Hugs and kisses and slobbers all over her sweet cheeks) Sure!
Kinda brings tears to my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment