Monday, May 2, 2016

Latin Birds And Bees

C is learning some Latin, and likes to intersperse it into daily conversation. (Latin words are in quotations.)
Today in the car we talked awkwardly about how babies are made. A woman at church brought her week-old baby on Sunday, so C is very curious. Because we were in the car, I explained that a man and woman do a private thing that shows they love each other, and that can sometimes make a baby. She was understandably confused by this, and kept trying to imagine what the private thing might be. I told her that I'd explain when I have our book of body diagrams at home.
Then the conversation moved to C's friend, who just turned seven, and the fact that C will soon be seven, too.
C: G is "sept" now. I will be "sept" soon, too.
Me: Yes, soon!
C: Wow! I'd better really enjoy my "sex" life now while I still can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment