Friday, August 2, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake!

Missed my workout today, so had two slices of cake instead.

This post was precipitated by a trip to the bank with C, where we had to wait "quietly" for 15 minutes, then were given a number of brightly colored lollipops.

*****

The definition of "quietly" mostly meant me saying, "please don't stand on the chair.  Don't spin on the chair.  Take your feet off the arm of the chair.  Please don't dance int he lobby.  Can you use your quiet voice?  CAN YOU USE YOUR QUIET VOICE?"

And no, it was not a spinning chair.

*****

I made the mistake of giving her a lollipop in the car for the drive home (25 blocks away - what is that, a mile maybe?).  When I parked the car, I had to help her out of the car and instruct her to wash her entire face, both hands, and her right leg.  Also, she had decided she didn't care for the flavor and nearly dropped the lollipop on the document we'd waited so long to have notarized.

If that had happened, I suppose it would have been a three-slice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment